History of Borgo Sambuco PDF Print E-mail
lateral1The oldest certain news about the foundation of Sambuco, is the act of donation of land by the lord of the castle of Coccorano, the monk Sylvester, to erect a convent. The "actum" (Act) was drafted by "Bernadinus, imperialis classroom notarius" August 12th 1260, in Latin.
The monk from Osimo Gozzolini Sylvester, founder of the monks "Silvestrini," built "cum suis fratibus" the monastery with its church dedicated to Saint Mark and Saint Lucia in "Sambucolis."

The existence and life of the monastery there are, in addition to the above mentioned articles of incorporation, a range of parchments in the centuries XII - XIII - XIV, preserved in the monastery of Silvestrino Montefano at Fabriano.
Occurred even miracles, in the convent of Sambuco, when he was caretaker monk "Pauline" (the family of donors of the land), then the high honors of the altar with the title "blessed" by him in the Church of S: Fortunato in Perugia remain a statue and banner painted in 1471 is shown where it says "Sanctus Paolinus".

Historians and chroniclers (Ciatti, Crispolti, Jacobelli, Cristofani, Fabrini, Maronti and others), in addition to records of pastoral visits to parishes of Bishops, abundantly attest to the historical events of the place, from such evidence we know that the middle of the fifteenth century the monastery was abandoned and the buildings were already in serious decay, almost ruins.

cennistorici01It's probable, although the absence of accurate written documents, that on the ruins of the convent, in the sixteenth century, had established the new owners of a large territory, "the Giappichini's" because:
- From a parish register of deaths "there is news of death of Giappichini-Maria born in 1681:
- From Viagra Online a "registry of birth", we learn that the "28 November 1725" was born "James, son of Giovanni and Maria Cattarina Women", the aforementioned registers, together with those of marriages and other needs of the Parish of Coccorano which included Sambuco, are stored in the history of the bishopric of GUBBIO.

Giappichini that were in place at least since 1600 is therefore satisfied, and had clearly established the custom-regulation of the transmission from father to son of names of the chief family of the dynasty (of James Giammaria - Giammaria of James ... ..) never stopped, the head of the family, was the man who administered all property owned by his family and controlled the conduct of the family.

Since then, countless documents showing the various events in the family and his constituents, many are reported in the book "The church of S. Marco in Sambucolis ", written and published in 2003, which indicates that the successors of the" Silvestrini "have given to St. Mark the dedication of their church and was elected to the same protector of the Holy House, whose emblem, which still can be seen in a chimney of the house, carved into the lintel-stone, consists of a network of branches of oak and elder.

In the church family on 25 April of each year, as always, with masses, processions, blessing of the campaign and the intervention of numerous relatives and friends, the feast of the patron, the religious functions are registered annually and on time, in the book that "Vacchetta" (the name derives from the skin of the cow which is covered), the last specimen, still in use, port, as a first date, that of 25 April 1856.
 

useful links

Province of Perugia

www.provincia.perugia.it

Umbria Region
www.regioneumbria.eu

Umbria Jazz
www.umbriajazz.com

Arts and Itenerary
www.umbriaearte.it

Eurochocolate Perugia
www.eurochocolate.com

Visit Umbria

demo5

The old manor house and outbuildings have been recently renovated and furnished with particular attention to local traditions and modern comfort. Is the ideal destination for those wishing to visit Umbria, or simply enjoy a "no stress" vacation.

News

Online il nuovo sito di Borgo Sambuco, invitiamo i nostri ospiti a visitarlo e a inviarci eventuali suggerimenti o consigli. +++
Go to top